POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW WITH FOREIGNER EMPLOYERS
SELF EVALUATION AND DETERMINATION
1. Why are you seeking this position?
2. What makes you qualified for this position?
3. What can you do better than others?
4. Why should I employ you? / Why do you fit this job?
5. What qualifications do you have?
6. How long have you worked as a --------?
7. Why do you want this particular job?
8. Why do you think you are suitable person for this job?
9. Why do you think you can do this job well?
10. What can you do for us?
11. What skills do you have relevant to this job?
12. How would you describe yourself?
13. Why did you decide to apply for this position?
14. Why should we hire you?
15. How did you handle your self at times when the job was demanding?
16. What are your strength / weakness?
17. What is necessary to be a good -------?
18. What kind of person you are?
19. What do you see yourself doing five or ten years from now?
20. Do you have accomplishments you are proud of?
21. Would you like to make a career with our company?
22. Are you looking for seasonal or long-term employment?
23. If you were hiring someone for this job, what qualities would you look for?
24. What did you do during the gap in your employment history?
25. What your staff from your previous position would say about you?
REASONS AND MOTIVES
1. What attracted you to this job?
2. How does your education prepare you for your chosen field of work?
3. What appeals to you about this position and/or this company?
4. What did you dislike most about your previous job/company?
5. What motivates you in a job and in your personal life?
6. What educational backgrounds do you have?
7. How did you choose this occupation?
8. How did you prepare for this interview?
9. Would you like to stay in America?
10. Do you have relatives or friends aboard?
11. Have you ever applied to any other cruise liners companies?
12. What other companies have you approached?
13. Why do you want to leave your current job?
14. What are your salary expectations at the moment? And five years from now?
15. How much would you like to earn?
16. What do you know about our company?
17. How did you find out about cruise liners?
18. Do you know anybody who is working on cruise liners?
19. Explain how you work as part of a team.
20. Why do you want to leave your present job?
1. Describe your working place.
2. Describe your last job.
3. What were your duties and responsibilities?
4. Describe your typical day.
5. Describe your the best/worst day.
6. How many persons did you serve?
7. How many hours a day did you work?
8. What was your working schedule?
9. What sort of duties did you enjoy the most?
10. What sort of duties did you enjoy the least?
11. In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our department?
12. What were the relationships with the staff?
13. Why do you think it is important to know English?
14. Customers frequently create a great deal of pressure. What has been your experience in this area?
15. What would you do if your staff comes to work late regularly?
16. Have you ever been late for work? If so, how often?
17. What was wrong with your last employer?
18. You've changed jobs quite frequently, what assurances do we have that you will stay with us?
1. What will you say if your client asks for something that you can’t do or don’t know?
2. What should you do if the guest is complaining about excursion?
3. What would you do if your client were drunk?
4. What will you do if client insulted you?
5. At work, how are you different from your co-workers?
6. How do you feel about sharing a cabin with a person from another country?
7. Describe yourself in one word.
8. Do you feel you are flexible enough to adapt to a new work conditions?
9. Why aren’t you working now?
10. What will your references say about you?
11. What is your future career plans?
12. What new goals have you set for yourself recently?
13. What was your favorite travel experience?
14. Do you like to travel? What countries have you visited?
1. What do you like to do when you have free time?
2. Where did you spend your last weekend?
3. How did you get to this interview? How long did it take?
4. Are you healthy? Do you drink, smoke or use drugs?
5. What is the latest book you read?
6. Do you have a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend? Will they let you go for such a long time?
7. How do you spend your spare time?
8. What are you interested in?
9. Do you have hobbies?
10. How long have you been studying English?
11. Where did you studying English?
12. What do you value in life/people?
13. Do you have a dream?
14. What are your plans for future?
15. What would you do if money were not a concern?
16. What kind of object would describe you better?
17. What kind of animal you would like to be?
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS ABOUT MENU
1. What kind of dishes did you mostly serve?
2. Could you describe the menu in your restaurant/bar?
3. What kind of dishes dominated in your restaurant/bar?
4. What kind of cuisine do you know?
5. Did you serve alcohol drinks?
6. Did you serve dessert?
7. What kind of cocktails do you know?
8. What kind of snack do you know?
9. What kind of dressings do you know?
10. What kind of meat dishes do you know?
11. What kind of hot vegetables did you serve?
12. What kind of cheeses do you know?
13. How many ways to prepare a steak do you know?
14. What was the special dish in your restaurant?
15. What is your favorite dish?
16. What is the most popular dish? Most expensive?
17. When you must not serve alcohol to a guest?
18. What include Continental and English Breakfasts?
19. What will you offer to your guest if he/she has a hangover?
20. What would you do if you spilled soup on your client’s dress?
21. What should you do first, when entering F&B area for duty?
22. How many glasses, maximum, should you carry on round Bar tray or big Waiter’s tray?
23. Where should you leave bottle of water, after being opened for service?
24. If you did wrong charges on guest’s check, who to ask to avoid the check?
25. How many pieces of bread per basket/butter, margarine per person we are serving?
26. What should you say when placing breadbasket at the table, to not disturbing the guests?
27. What will you say when guests dining asking you for any refill, such as coffee, ice-tea, water or wine?
28. From what side of a guest should your serve Martini / Smoothie?
29. How will you recognize white wine glass from red wine glass?
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FOR BAR DEPARTMENT
1.which brands of beers do you know?
2.tell me german,english,american beer names?
3.some of carribean coctails ?
4.brands of vodka?
5.how to serve vodka ?
6. how to serve any drinks for a clients?
7.what you will do if in area were work your assistant all clients leeve and its full of emty glasses?
8.some of coctails and how you make them?
9.how to sale to client more expensive drink then what he order?
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FOR HOTEL DEPARTMENT
1. Where is your hotel that used to work before or still working? How many star hotel?
2. How many rooms did you clean?
3. Where did you keep your trolley?
4. What kind of amenities did you keep on your trolley?
5. How did you start to clean the room? Describe step by step.
6. What kind of chemicals did you use?
7. What is the color of glass cleaner?
8. How did you use bleach?
9. Do you know Personal Hygiene rules?
10. How often did you change linen?
11. How many ways of folding towels do you know? Can you fold one?
12. Did you have mini bars in rooms? What kind of drinks?
13. Who did you report to about repair needs?
14. What is necessary to be a good chambermaid?
15. What it means laundry?
16. Were you in charge of room service? If yes, what kind of food did you serve?
17. What types of pressures do you experience on your current job?
18. What should you do in order to prevent accident what wet floor?
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FOR RECEPTIONISTS
1. What made you decide to come to the interview?
2. Why do you want to work as a receptionist on board a cruise ship?
3. Give four skills that are important for a receptionist job on board a cruise ship.
4. Why is it important to complete client record cards in a Beauty center?
5. How do you feel about holding information seminars about new products and offers?
6. How do you feel about retailing supplemented products? Should it be a part of your job?
7. From a client’s point of view, what would you look for if you want to go for a new cruise?
8. If a client on board the cruise ship not show up for an appointment, what do you do?
9. What would be a double booking? How would you solve the problem?
10. If a client would like to book an appointment for a cut and blow dry, what does she want to have done?
11. If a client would like to book an appointment for a facial, what does she want to have done?
12. Explain the importance of targets and goals in your profession as receptionist.
13. What is your goal in life? Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
14. You want to open your own Hotel in a new area, what promotion would you do for the opening of
a new business?
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FOR SHOP ASSISTANTS
1. Describe your experience working with money.
2. What kinds of people do you like working with?
3. What kind of people do you find most difficult to work with? Why?
4. Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?
5. Have you handled fiscal duties? Please describe.
6. How you would sell such object and in which environment?
7. Can you sell in this (region/territory)?
8. Describe an example of how you persuaded a reluctant customer.
9. Describe your largest sale.
10. Describe your most successful sale.
11. Have you ever had to manage or supervise others?
12. Is there anything you would rather avoid doing in your job? Why?
13. In your previous job, what kind of pressures did you encounter?
14. What do you feel you have done particularly well in your job?
15. How would you sell a product that is a slow or non-mover?
16. How would you sell me this pen?
17. What would you do if you were selling a product and you had a customer who was complaining about bad service?
18. What do you like most about sales?
19. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to sell?
20. In what areas have you achieved the greatest success? Why do you think this is?
21. In your last job, did you find anything difficult?
22. Why do you want to leave your present job?
23. What are you looking for in our company?
24. What is the toughest decision you have had to make at your present company?
25. What do you see as your best qualities?
26. What about the other side of the coin? Apart from knowledge or experience, what
traits do you feel could be improved upon?
27. Do you consider yourself a self-starter? Why?
28. What would you consider to be your greatest achievement to date? Why?
29. How do you feel about working long hours and weekends?
30. Deep down, do you consider yourself to be: a) an Accountant? b) an Entrepreneur? c) a Manager? d) a Shop owner?
31. Are you a good communicator?
32. How do you schedule your time? Are you good at setting priorities?
33. How often do you attend formal meetings with peers? What role did you play at the last meeting?
34. Describe the biggest problem that you have faced within the last six months. How did you handle it?
35. Explain your biggest mistake in delegating.
36. What are your standards of success in your job?
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FOR CARE ASSISTANTS
1. Why do you really want to work in the UK?
2. What should you do first, when entering working area for duty?
3. What are your 5-year long-term plans?
4. Where would you ideally like to work? Hospital / Nursing home / Other
5. Do you have any friends currently working in the UK?
6. If yes, what is their profession and where do they live?
7. How do you think you will manage being away from your friends & family?
8. What do you do for recreation?
9. What should you do in order to prevent accident, when wet floor?
10. Do you belong to a church?
11. What would you really like to achieve with your life?
12. Would you consider yourself honest?
13. Do you keep your word once given?
14. Have you ever suffered from any serious illness or had any major operation?
15. Are you subject to any constraints in your current or future employment?
16. Are you willing to work overtime and weekends when required?
17. Are there any jobs that you would not want to do (for example, drive, bowel and/or bladder care, lifting or other duties listed in job description)?
18. Does your license have any current endorsements?
19. Do you have any allergies or dislikes, which may affect the type of placements you would accept?
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FOR TECHNICAL PERSONAL
1. Who has responsibility for health and safety on site?
2. What is a hazard?
3. How will you protect your back from heavy lifting?
4. What should you be aware of when removing tensioned metal banding from around a load?
5. While working you get a small cut on one of your fingers. What should you do?
6. Why should nails be removed from scarp wood?
7. If your hands are very dirty, what should you use to get them clean?
8. How can you protect your eyesight while working on site?
9. Why is personal hygiene important?
10. How many people can be on a ladder at one time?
11. When working above public areas, what should be considered?
12. What is considered to be the maximum safe voltage for portable electrical tools on construction sites?
13. How often should you check electrical equipment?
14. When should you check portable hand-held equipments?
15. When should head protection be worn on site?
16. When should you wear safety footwear on site?
17. What is contained in a fire extinguisher that is red or has a red label?
18. What are the 3 essential factors for a fire to burn?
19. What action should you take if you discover a fire?